Pages on Here

Wednesday 9 March 2011

60 seconds with Sighghghghghborg!

Who or what is sighborg?


Sighborg (usually with rolling letters like sssssighborg siiiighborg) is my nickname. I write artsy electronic/instrumental music and dudes help me play it live.

What inspires your music?

Swear words, things I don't like, chicks.

How long have you been making music?

I guess since High School- but it's been pretty primitive throughout.

Where are you from?

I'm from California- in the mountains. I honked around Sacramento and San Francisco for a bit.

How long have you been involved in the Korean music scene?

3 years-- I recently became deeply involved last year when I launched SuperColorSuper and started taking music DEEPLY SERIOUS (stoneface).

What is your favorite thing about Korea?

Right now I'm a bit on a down vibe with Korea because of some other things going on, but I love the food. That answer sucks.

What is your least favorite thing about Korea?

Fucked-up (sorry the language) ideas about elder respect/ego, garbage laws.

What Korean bands are you currently listening to?

Unfortunately there aren't any Korean records yet that got me- I think production teams lack a bit and haven't put together good recordings. The things I have listened to are that old band with the Underwear name- Eloise and 10 have a few good mp3's. Live I love 3rd Line Butterfly, Trampauline, Vidulgi Ooyoo, Axcutor. Kim Jung Mi the old psyche korean singer is rad.

Any upcoming shows we should check out?

Round Robin-- all the bands set up in a circle at the same time with the audience in the middle, all the bands do a song at a time with no pauses between bands/genres. Freebird Feb 26th. Also Super Sketch is an awesome art live music combine- March 12th theater zero.

What do you think of the Korean crowd?

Some large parts of the crowd are too formal or too into Brit rock, but lately encounter really passionate, deep-thinking rad fans.

best!

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog