Pages on Here

Tuesday 18 January 2011

A Little Bit of Heaven


Ever since I parted company with my old band, Electric Fan Death, I feel that I have moved in a better direction musically. I was keen to follow the underground indie scene in Korea. One band that I am fascinated by and who I have been following since my Fan Death days is Trampauline www.myspace.com/trampauline.

Trampauline are an excellent electro-synth-guitar act fronted by the most beautiful, subtle vocals. This is the kind of music that fascinates me about Korea, and the Korean indie scene. Rarely do you find such beauty in underground scenes. Yet, it seems that the Korean indie scene is awash with similar ‘subtle’ musical acts.

I can’t remember when it was that I stumbled upon recandplay.net but I’m glad I did. It’s a kind of video/diary blog of Korean based indie bands performing in urban spaces around Seoul, and Korea. One of the first videos I saw on there was a video of Korean performers 'Baik Hyun Jhin' and 'Jung Jae Il' at Cafe, 'Anthracite'. I was blown away by the combination of heart hitting vocals and intelligent piano playing. It was scary stuff. Have a look below.


Since then I’ve kept up with the website and I am in awe every time I watch one of the videos there. The Korean indie scene is up there with the best.
RECANDPLAY.NET captures the sound of a movement that will be new and beautiful to you.

Have a listen - http://www.recandplay.net/

Oliver

1 comment:

  1. I love this Olly, good shout. No idea what the boy is singing about but the piano playing is perfect and the whole thing is so dramatic.

    nice one!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog